At Weisman Children´s Rehabilitation Hospital, the goal of the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is to improve respiratory function and quality of life for children with breathing disorders.
The pulmonary team focuses on the needs of the child/adolescent and family, creating a friendly, supportive, and comfortable environment. Comprehensive care is provided in order to achieve improved health and maximum functional abilities.
- Ventilator management of newborns, children, and teens
- Assistive technology to achieve full vocal communication
- Individualized airway clearance program
- Patient and family education with overnight stay option
- Non-invasive trans cutaneous oxygen and carbon dioxide-monitoring
- Emphasis on return into the community with frequent opportunities for socialization, both inside and outside of the hospital