Occupational Therapy (OT) helps children reach their potential in everyday activities. The goal is to promote functional performance through the integration of physical skills, social-emotional development, sensory processing and cognitive abilities.
Occupational therapists help the child learn to work with their limitations whether they are physical or sensory based.
The therapists help children and teens to achieve maximum functional outcomes in the following specialty areas:
- Sensory Processing
- Self regulation and concept
- Therapeutic listening
- Fine motor skills and refinement
- Activities of daily living such as self dressing and self feeding
- Cognitive development
- Functional vision therapy
- Assistive technology, such as computer use and environmental access