Asthma Management Program
Our Asthma Management program aims to improve the quality of life for children and teens with uncontrolled asthma. During the inpatient stay, you and your child will learn from our certified asthma specialist and other professionals.
Our goal is to improve your child’s participation in daily routines and implement strategies for long-term management of their asthma. Treatment sessions focus on learning about asthma, identifying triggers of asthma attacks, creating an individualized action plan and improving endurance during physical activities.
You are a valued member in the care of your child and our healthcare team acknowledges the importance of personalized care.
Our Program Provides:
- Comprehensive evaluation including lung function test, allergy testing and triggers
- Training with Bluetooth technology for medication management
- Healthcare team consisting of physician (including pulmonologists), respiratory therapists, nurses, physical, occupational, speech, and recreational therapists, child life specialists, social workers and case managers
- Spacious and child friendly rooms allowing the opportunity for you or a caregiver to stay overnight and a sibling program available during your training
- Transportation provided for training as needed
- Connections to community resources
- Healthcare team to schedule follow up appointments upon discharge